Skip to main content

Blog 7

So far, my experience with Twitter has been quite positive. It's been really cool to see what my classmates post, like interesting articles, quotes, and pictures. I have had no issues so far with my account. Twitter is a very easy, positive environment to connect with your peers, professors, and professionals. I definitely will use it as a teacher.

The Web Page Design assignment was a very fun way to get imaginative with my "classroom." I learned how websites are formatted and what fundamentals go into creating one. However, one thing that I didn't like about this assignment was how tedious everything was. If you wanted to add a text box, you had to go to the side column, click and drag the text box icon to wherever you wanted the box, and THEN you could type. It took me a good hour to format my website. Despite that, I was very happy with the turnout. Having a website is very beneficial to teachers by allowing them to keep parents up to date with assignments, supply lists, homework, etc.

Diigo has been very helpful for me to annotate websites and share academic pages with my peers. I love the highlighting and sticky note feature. In my future classroom, I will be able to add my students' parents to a group and send them links to practice sites and other pages that will be beneficial to them and their student.

Comments