Skip to main content

Blog 6

For this post, I decided to look at Saunders Middle School (6-8 grade) in Manassas, Virginia (Prince William County Public Schools). There was a tab dedicated to class pages which had various subjects listed, from Language Arts to Orchestra. 

Some pages were not updated, but others, like the ones I chose to include here, were. The first one I looked at was Mr. Wilcher's band class page. There, he had listed the concert schedule, practice schedule, advice to the parents, and a supply list. 
Link: https://saundersms.pwcs.edu/departments/music___drama/band/
Secondly, I looked at Ms. Phillip's Instructional Technology page. Hers was different from Mr. Wilcher's in that she didn't have a schedule or supply list, but instead had many, many links to different technological tools, like flashcards, apps, etc.
Link: https://saundersms.pwcs.edu/departments/instructional_technology_resource_teacher/
My classroom will definitely incorporate technology into the curriculum. I plan to use tools like PowerPoint and Prezi to display my lessons, Twitter and Edmodo to keep my students and their parents connected, and sites like CoolMathGames or KidsSpell to give my students some extra (fun) practice. I want to keep up with the times and help my students in any way that I can.

Visiting the Technology Sandbox was one of the coolest experiences I've had at FSU. Seeing the 3D printer and the VR headsets really put everything in perspective for me. I am so proud of our society and what we are accomplishing and creating. Even though we don't have flying cars or time travel, it was really cool to see where the future is heading. I hope that when I'm a teacher I will have a SmartBoard or other technology that will help not only me, but my students as well.

Comments